Apps & Softwares
The 10 Best Fitness Apps to Stay Fit Download in 2022
Staying in shape and maintaining good health in such a hectic daily schedule is never easy. In the battle of meeting tight deadlines at work each day, taking out time for hitting the gym and hiring a personal trainer seems impossible. Such a busy lifestyle results in failure on your well-being front but who said without a gym you can’t keep your health upright? There are so many fitness apps to stay fit and vigorous throughout the day while maintaining a balance in your work life. Carrying a fitness app on mobile is like carrying a personal trainer in your pocket. These apps can help you with heavy lifting, eat better food, push harder, and much more.
Best Fitness apps, You can download them, many people prefer working out at home rather than going to the gym. This is also one of the major reasons why fitness apps are in great demand today. It not only saves many bucks by becoming your handy personal trainer but also the time and effort you put in commuting to the gym. These apps motivate users to adopt healthy habits and track exercise via a pocket-fitting device.
How are fitness apps helpful?
Regular exercising helps a person maintain an adequate weight in the body and minimize various heart-related diseases, cancer, and diabetes. Frequent workouts make your heart stronger, minimize the risk of depression, and improve lung functioning.
However, getting motivated to work out is difficult and fitness apps can bring that missing impulse in your life by increasing physical activity. You don’t need to step out of your house to work out. These apps can be conveniently operated through a smartphone. Easy right?
Here are some benefits of using fitness apps to stay fit:
- Monitor diet: Fitness apps track the calories, proteins, fat, and carbohydrates of your meal. You can avoid having unhealthy food and maintain a virtual diary.
- Track progress: With a single click you can track your health progress and check whether you are reaching your fitness goals or not.
- Health Tips: Many fitness apps provide free health tips to meet users’ health goals. You get workout ideas and plan your routine accordingly.
- Personal coach: You can directly speak to physical trainers at affordable prices.
- Track footsteps: You can easily track your aggregate footsteps in a day with fitness apps. Monitoring daily steps will help you improve it and achieve your health targets.
- Motivation: Fitness apps undoubtedly keep you motivated by sending reminders and notifications about your goals each day.
- All in one: Health apps are an all-in-one health tool that helps you monitor your daily activities. It tracks your water intake, workout routine, footsteps count, diet, and blood pressure.
Best Fitness Apps to Stay Fit and Which one is the best fit for your need?
1. Nike Training Club
In the year 2020, when the pandemic hit the world, people had to stay at home all time due to frequent lockdowns, Nike made its training app completely free for 3 months to help people keep their health upright during Covid-19. Since then Nike Training Club app is absolutely free for its users. This means you can access physical activity programs without spending a penny.
However, with the recent update, Nike has removed some of its health and training programs. But you have the option to put filter by muscle group—arms & shoulders, glutes & legs, and abs & core. Option for level, intensity, and duration filtering is also available. Some exercises that are led by the instructor are very motivating and engaging. You can follow the whole exercise according to your pace. You can also connect your chosen workout with Apple Music. If you are looking for a free app, Nike Training Club has plenty of options to keep you moving.
2. Apple Fitness Plus
This is one of the best fitness apps for Apple Watch owners. There is a huge variety of exercises to pick from. From yoga & Pilates to strength and meditation classes all are taught by instructors. The best part of this app is that there will be two trainers in the background during workout classes, one will teach exercise for beginners and the other will do vigorous workouts for experienced. Some people might find it overwhelming at first but you can filter exercises by time, preferable music, and trainer. You can easily add classes that you want to take in the future.
You can also check workout stats on your Apple watch screen. You can enjoy working out in groups via SharePlay. Apple keeps adding new classes and physical training activities to avert boredom.
Recommended – The Best Smartwatches for Kids
Everyone can’t afford Peloton Tread or exercise bike to stay fit that is why its fitness app provides what you are looking for. There are several interactive workout classes to strengthen and sculpt your body. All the instructors are enthusiastic. There is also an alternative to join live exercise classes and compete with your friends. It is impossible to get bored while using this app because it has everything that you need to stay fit. You can add multiple classes that are easy to follow. To improve your experience, stream the classes on TV.
It is one of the best fitness apps for women. Sweat has grown into a wide training app since its birth in 2015. It offers n number of programs to reach your fitness goals. From new mommies’ fitness to women looking for more confidence, the Sweat training app caters to every need. This app offers a 7-day free trial, you can take it and see whether it works for you or not.
Thor himself has come up with this app, yes the actor Chris Hemsworth created Centr with hand-picked experienced trainers. He himself used this app to reduce extra kilos for a project. This fitness app is a combination of mindfulness and meal planning to keep mental as well as physical health upright. It offers workout videos on a daily basis, you can practice at your home or at the gym. It covers a range of disciplines including boxing, HIIT, yoga, Pilates, and strength training. If you are free and at home, then you can do some fun activities with teenagers or your kids like yoga, and some types of exercise. By doing this, they get a lot of confidence and stay fit.
Meal plans introduce you to tasty yet healthy recipes and drinks. You get sleeping tips to put your mental health in the right place. Indisputably there are several classes in Centr but we truly wish that an option for playing desired music was available. Also, there is no option for downloading favorite workouts so you need an internet or Wi-fi connection to access it.
This fitness app is the best in the market when you need a running feature. You can keep a track of your progress while cycling, running, and walking. It has built a reputation as a runner and cycling app but you can track over 31 sports including canoeing, rowing, swimming, alpine skiing, hiking, standup paddleboarding, e-bike riding, and yoga.
It is important to note that Strava is not a strength training app like others on the list. This app is great when it comes to tracking progress. Strava comes both in free and paid versions. Its free version offers great features but you get the Routes tool in the paid version. There is also a handy feature namely Strava Beacon’ that is designed to keep runners safe by allowing users’ families and friends to track their location.
7. HWPO Training
If you are taking your very first steps into the weight-lifting world then you find something for yourself in this training app. The workouts in HWPO (hard work pays off) Training app is clearly written and easy to follow. It has some instructional videos that help you ace the most complex form. You can quickly gain strength if you religiously follow the steps.
This training app does what it stands for. It is up to you where you want to follow the plan whether in the gym or at home as it doesn’t need unending equipment. The only downside of this app is the cost that it is offered. But if you can afford it, you will get trained by one of the fittest men in the world i.e. Mat Fraser.
This app comes in both free and paid version and runs seamlessly on both iOS and Android. MyFitnessPal helps users in tracking calories, and fitness activities, and connect with friends. There are over 350 workouts present in this fitness app. It has a database of more than 11 million foods. This app can easily be integrated with over 50 applications and devices. It tracks physical activities, as well as calorie intake including a restaurant logger that ensures not a single calorie, is left uncounted.
You get customized options for your health goals. MyFitnessPal helps you change your lifestyle for your health’s betterment. The only con we find in this health app is that you need to pay for the premium package to access the full array of services.
You get personal training at the ease of working out at your home through this fitness app. You can begin with matching your health goals with a personal trainer. You will get live instruction from the trainer in the first class but you might not see them in every workout session. But you will get virtual feedback from them. Your weekly training program will be created along with a video and audio guide for each movement.
There is a great personalization touch for every workout session. They track your progress and listen to what you have to say after every exercise and modify it according to your requirements
This fitness app is very smart in identifying people’s habits, medical conditions, and health goals to create customized programs. This app helps people to eat the right food, stay active, and enjoy little treats on cheat days whilst keeping up with the everyday mundane. The whole journey of getting fit and losing weight is very easy for its users without any supplements. They have a team of experienced dieticians in maternal nutrition, disease prevention, and weight loss.
It serves over 15 thousand customers globally and the results are quite amazing. Fitelo helps in losing weight while keeping a healthy diet. If you take healthy food then the weight will be reduced as well as your height will also increase. Based on your provided information about body type, requirements, and composition, it analyzes your build. The expert trainers closely work with the app users to understand their medical condition, likes, dislikes, and other preferences. Your diet plan will be provided after assessing all these factors.
If you are looking for an efficient tool that helps you accomplish your fitness goals then your smartphone alone can cater to your need. There is a range of fitness apps that help you easily work out in any location. These fitness apps can help you sweat up, stay motivated, and build strength from anywhere, anytime.
The best fitness app is the one that helps you reach your health goals. You need to check all the features of each app and most importantly which fits your budget. All the above fitness apps are hot in the market right now, choose what suits you the best. Always remember the benefits of staying fit are limitless.
The 10 Best Free Scanner Apps for iPhone You Should Try
Are you looking for the best free scanner apps for the iPhone? Then you have landed in the right place. In this blog, we have listed the top 10 free PDF scanner apps for the iPhone that require absolutely no subscription. So, read on to this blog to know what they are.
Gone are the chaotic days when bundles and bundles of papers used to be the only source of documentation. Now, it’s an era of a paperless society. Now you can carry all your important documents hassle-free with you anywhere and everywhere on your iPhone. All you need is a smart scanner app that could convert your piece of paper into a solid digital document with smart OCR (optical character recognition) technology.
Earlier, this technology was limited to desktop computers, but thanks to modern innovation, you can now take advantage of it on your mobile devices. Also, iOS devices have the best camera, which makes them ideal for PDF scanners and video editing apps for the iPhone.
With that said, let’s move onto with the best free barcode scanner app for iPhone to ease your documentation handling. But before that, let’s dive into the features that you should look for when choosing the right code scanner app from the App Store.
Table of Contents
What things you should factor in while choosing the right free scanner apps for iPhone?
Choosing the right free PDF scanner app for iPhone can make or break your whole scanning experience. It can lower your productivity and create more hassle with every microsecond spent running countless advertisements. And needless to say, it can save money for your business. So, it is wise to consider a couple of factors before you invest your time in installing and using a scanner app for your iOS device. And these are as follows:
The in-built features offered by the app
The best iPhone scanner app should not just scan pdf files but offer more than that. Ideally, it should provide features like scanning different file types, including text, documents, Excel, invoices, and more. Also, it can come up with additional benefits like an advanced OCR mechanism, an app lock system for extra security, a translator, scanned file storage management, barcode scanning, and much more.
The documents you are going to scan hold the utmost importance to you from a privacy perspective. And if there is any breach in the application, you would be in great trouble. Therefore, it is crucial that you choose a free scanner app for your iPhone that preserves the security of your scanned papers.
Even though it is impractical to expect any application to be 100% bug-free, that does not mean you need to compromise on your work efficiency. There is always a threshold for something. The best scanning apps for iPhone will always let you encounter the fewest errors.
Regardless of whether you choose the trial, free version, or subscription version, the best PDF scanner app for iPhone must come with robust customer support. So, in a case where you get stuck understanding any particular feature of the app, you can request assistance from their support team immediately and get your problem resolved.
App performance is one of the most important factors that must be considered. There are certain apps that take too long to scan the document or, at times, to convert any document format into a PDF. This must not be the case when choosing the free scanner app for your iOS device.
Regardless of how many features there are in the app, it would be of no use if its interface was not interactive and user-friendly. So, while choosing the app, ensure that it has easy navigation.
User reviews on the App Store
No one has enough time to install and check every single app to find out which works best for them. That is why here come the user reviews and the number of installations of the app. You can consider these two factors while scrolling through the free scanner apps for iPhone on the App Store. Go through their feedback section, and also don’t forget to check out the new features in the upgraded version of their app.
Best free scanner apps for iPhone
Carrying along your scanned digital documents is now easy and hassle-free, thanks to these below-mentioned best scanner apps for iPhone, which we have shortlisted considering all the prime features mentioned earlier. Let’s have a closer look at them.
The number one pick on our list among the free document scanner apps for iPhone is Adobe Scan. It is a free-to-download, professional, and powerful scanner app that automatically detects the text and scans it. And allows you to modify it and save it in high-quality PDF or JPEG format as per your needs using Book Mode. You can scan anything from photos, documents, whiteboards, bill receipts, notes, and a lot more and easily save them to your Dropbox or Google Drive to access them later on.
Also, don’t forget to check out these amazing note-taking apps that can help you make an easy to-do list and increase your productivity.
Moreover, the app is not entirely free to use. Its free version offers some basic features; however, for premium access, you need to upgrade to its pro version, which is honestly a bit expensive when compared to other PDF scanner apps.
- Advanced photo processing technology that automatically detects border areas, recognizes text and sharpens scanned paper.
- Enhance your scanned document with cropping, readjusting size or color, and rotating.
- Extract contact information directly from the scanned document. There is no need to save it manually.
- Scan multiple pages and save them in one single file.
- Add comments or sign scanned documents by opening the file in Acrobat Reader.
SwiftScan is another excellent and highly recommended iOS scanner app. Talking about its potential features, the app lets you scan documents in the simplest way possible. When you scan any paper, it automatically straightens, crops, and sharpens it, giving you the highest quality scan.
Whatever document you want to scan, you can choose it using five different color modes. From a security perspective, the app is safe to use as it does not require any third-party involvement in the scanning process. So, whether you want to save your scanned document in PDf, sign it, or highlight the keynotes, SwiftScan is an ideal app to choose from.
Also, the free version gives you a whole bunch of premium features, but there will always be a watermark on your scanned documents. Furthermore, you can use this app as a fax machine and send all your legally binding documents as faxes to more than 50 countries, but only with its paid subscription.
- Auto-capturing with 200+ dpi and optimizing gives you high-quality scans.
- Scan multiple document formats, such as QR codes, barcodes, labels, whiteboards, receipts, business cards, and sketchbooks.
- No involvement of third-party applications, keeping your privacy intact.
- Instantly auto-upload your scanned documents to iCloud, Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive, WebDAV, and more.
- Work great with PDFs, be it signing, highlighting key points, or rearranging the pages.
Another best free PDF scanner app for iPhone is the Apowersoft Scanner, which converts your phone into a fully-fledged portable scanning device. And that includes everything from digitalizing different documents to signing them, saving them into PDF formats, using OCR, and a lot more. Moreover, the app comes with an intelligent scanning system that automatically scans the document and saves it in PDF and JPG formats.
- Supports multiple scanning documents, including books, transcripts, study notes, statements, receipts, business cards, licenses, bank cards, passwords, and more.
- Sign your scanned documents and close your deals anywhere.
- high-quality scans with OCR, sharpening borders and re-optimizing.
- time-saving and offers a great user-friendly interface.
- Share your scanned documents with your colleagues or team members via WhatsApp or any other third-party app.
Next on our list of the best free QR code reader iPhone apps is CamScanner. The app lets you access premium features in its free version that you may pay for in the subscription models of other PDF scanner apps. For example, by supporting different file formats, and various scanning modes, and sharing the scanned file with your team on major platforms like iMessage, WhatsApp, or Microsoft Teams,
However, the only downside of using this app is its storage area and the continuously annoying ads that may have a huge impact on your productivity. However, these two parameters can be worked out with the collective support of developers and the marketing team.
If you are enjoying these app suggestions so far, then save some more time by reading these amazing money transfer apps for iOS that aid you in managing your daily or monthly bills.
- Scan anything you want, including receipts, paper notes, fax papers, contracts, books, and a lot more.
- Supports multiple file formats such as PDF, JPG, DOC, DOCX, TXT, XLS, XLSM, XLSX, CVS, PPT, PPTM, and PPTX.
- Specific modes are designed for ID cards, passports, and QR codes for easy convenience.
- Allow files to be shared and comments from multiple members simultaneously on one file.
- Comes with an innovative PDF scanner that lets you scan multiple documents into one file, auto-recognize text from photos, and sign your documents.
- Optimize your scans with filters and noise removal features.
- Keep your confidential documents protected with passwords.
Microsoft Office Lens
Microsoft Lens, or Office Lens, is the next-best free business card scanner app for the iPhone. This scanner application is an integral part of the Microsoft Office Suite and lets you scan different file formats and optimize them in the best way possible for you. The app further lets you integrate with other MS Office applications like Word processing and PowerPoint. Whether at school or the workplace, in terms of productivity, Microsoft Office Lens is as good as other apps.
- Scan different files, including notes, documents, receipts, whiteboards, blackboards, handwritten meeting notes, business cards, and much more.
- Scan and convert image documents into PDF, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files.
- Save the scanned files onto cloud devices like OneNote, OneDrive, or your own local device and keep them in sync and organized with you.
- Optimize your scanned files.
iLovePDF is the next best free QR code scanner app for iPhone and is very well known for its PDF processing capabilities. Like Adobe Scan, you can edit your scanned PDFs using this app, including signing, highlighting, annotating, editing, and much more.
The app gives you advanced optimization functionalities along with the ability to turn your scanned files into editable office documents, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. This is another ideal PFD scanner app that aids you in boosting your productivity while on the go.
- Take a photo of anything and scan it into multiple PDF file formats. Also, auto-scan text with advanced OCR technology.
- Supports multiple PDF conversion options, including turning MS Office documents into PDF files and extracting images directly from PDF documents in high quality.
- Edit your scanned PDF, including annotating and adding notes, drawing or inserting images, leaving comments or signing it, and more.
- Compress, merge, split, and rotate your PDF documents while keeping their original quality.
- Keep your documents safe with PDF passwords.
- Sync your documents with Google Drive or Dropbox and access them from anywhere.
Another free, iOS-compatible, and best free photo scanning app for iPhone is Scanner Pro, which lets you effortlessly scan, optimize, and share your scanned files with anyone and anywhere. From scanning agreements, receipts, travel expenses, IDs, books, notes, and sketches to converting them into high-quality PDF files in a fraction of a second, this app is designed to simplify your daily scanning needs.
Also, check out the famous photo editing apps for your device and take the editing to the next level.
Talking about its further potential features, it supports cloud storage along with a robust security system, advanced professional PDF editing and optimizing technology, and much more. And one of the best features of this app is that it keeps your original photo or document intact without forcing you to modify it.
- Easily edit your PDF scans, be it by commenting, drawing, or highlighting, and convert them into Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or text.
- Create multiple folders to smartly organize your scanned documents.
- Turn your scans into full-text speech using OCR technology.
- Automatically export to major cloud storage devices, including iCloud, Google Drive, OneNote, WebDAV, and more, and access them anytime.
- Supports more than 25 languages.
- You can use a third-party application to conveniently share your scanned files.
Prizmo is another versatile and very functional free business card scanner app for iPhone that lets you efficiently manage workflow, edit scans with advanced OCR methods, and find anything in PDF. All that is within a single app and with an intuitive user interface.
However, the only drawback you may find with this app is that it sometimes recognizes the scanned content as the wrong text, which is a common issue that is diagnosed with other PDF scan apps too.
- Get your scan done with 3 taps: scan the document, crop it up, and have it text-recognized to a multiple-page PDF file format.
- high-quality scans that go up to 300+ DPI with innovative stabilization and auto-shoot.
- Authentic on-device OCR with ML in 28 languages and high-performance cloud OCR in 139 languages
- Flattering PDF editing features include cleanup mode, auto-rotation, adjustable crop, sharpening borders and edges, and keeping your original photograph non-destructive.
- Can do powerful annotations with Apple Pencil and fill out or sign forms.
- Export scanned files into multiple formats, such as searchable PDF, Word file with original layout, TXT, PNG, and JPEG.
- Advanced accessibility features such as optimized for voiceover, an open dyslexic reading font, or dynamic type
- Save time with batch editing.
Scan to PDF
The next best free document scanner app is Scan to PDF, which lets you easily scan and turn any photo into PDF or JPG format in a fraction of a second. You can use the app to scan different file types, including contracts, legal documents, IDs, business cards, receipts, invoices, certificates, and more.
Moreover, the app lets you immediately upload your scanned documents to cloud storage so that you can access them whenever and wherever you want.
- The app itself scans the documents, cleans the borders, sharpens the edges, and produces high-quality scans.
- Close any business deal at any time by adding the e-sign to your electronic documents in just a few taps.
- Conveniently share your scanned files with your team members via email attachments, Airdrop, messengers, social media, and more.
- Store the files on your local device to get immediate access.
- There is no access to third-party applications, thus ensuring your documents are protected.
And last but not least, QuickScan is a great option when considering the best free PDF scanner app for your mundane tasks. It is a completely free app, and as the name says, it quickly scans the document with OCR technology, automates the file naming by following a certain pattern, and also lets you sign the scanned documents.
Moreover, there are no in-app advertisements, which makes the user experience smooth. Also, the scanned files are stored on local devices, ensuring no access to any external applications and keeping your confidential documents protected.
- It integrates seamlessly with the iPhone and iPad OS.
- Scan the new documents with automatic angle detection or import the existing ones.
- Text recognition is possible with OCR technology, and you can also make your PDF document searchable by integrating text recognition into it.
- Automatically export to favorite cloud locations such as iCloud, Dropbox, pCloud, Google Drive, NextCloud, WebDAV, and more and delete it after successfully exporting.
- Export the scanned file as an image or the recognized text in a.txt file.
- Advanced PDF editing includes cropping, filters, or image rotation.
So, that’s all for the best free scanner apps for the iPhone. All these apps are fully functional and available in both freemium and premium versions. Moreover, all of the aforementioned apps are available in the App Store and fulfill your standard criteria for scanning apps with full compatibility on iPhone 13 vs. iPhone 14.
Also, choosing the best free scanner app depends on a lot of your requirements. Some might be able to fit you, while for others, you may need an upgrade for your subscription. The choice is entirely yours. Furthermore, while using any app, it is important to keep a tab on your usage and there are apps that let you set a time limit on your iPhone device.
Having said that, don’t forget to share your experience with the PDF scanner app with us. We would love to hear from you.
10+ Best Pedometer Apps for Android to Track Your Steps
How do you keep track of your steps? Maybe via a fitness band or a smartwatch, right? Using such devices is not the only way to keep a tab on your step counts. All you need to install is the best pedometer apps on your phone and the rest is taken care of!
Staying active and maintaining fitness is the key to a hale and hearty life. But the chaotic lifestyle often pulls us down whenever we try to step on this healthful path. Plus, spending huge bucks on expensive smartwatches or bands is not something everyone can do.
Here pedometer apps help you achieve your health goals without needing a fancy fitness device. You can start with walking a few steps, track it, and aim to improve in the next with these step tracker apps.
Now queries like which app is best for tracking steps? What are some good pedometer apps for Android? Etcetera etcetera are some of the common ones that strike your mind when you hunt for the best pedometer apps.
Worry no more! You don’t need to waste your precious time on research all over again as we have come up with a handpicked list of the best pedometer apps. All these apps will help you reach your health goals by keeping a watch on your every step. Let’s get going!
Table of Contents
What are pedometer apps?
Once paired with your smartphone, the Pedometer app tracks your daily steps, shows the number of burned calories, and monitors your physical activities, and other vital health data. As this app shows the number of calories burnt, you can work on your diet plans for each day.
Step tracker app for Android help to manage overall health and accomplish fitness goals easily. Tracking all this health information allows you to prevent various illnesses and lead a hearty life.
Pedometer apps work similarly to a fitness watch but comparatively cost lower. Although these apps don’t track the rate of heart, you can try them out to get other important details about your health for free.
Most daily step count apps are free to download from your app store and some need premium plans to access exclusive content. Here is the list of the best pedometer apps along with their notable features and pricing plans.
|Pedometer Apps||Key Features||Price|
|GoogleFit||Health and physical activity tracking. Counts calorie, tracks steps, compatible with other related apps, and monitor your health goals.||Free.|
|Pedometer- ITO Technologies||Simple to use. Easy-to-understand progress graphs that keep users motivated. Goes soft on the phone battery.||Free/Ad-supported.|
|ActivityTracker||Sleek interface. Setting days, hourly, weekly, or monthly goals is easy. Sharing daily progress on social media channels. Comes with a customizable widget.||Free/Annual subscription @ $9.99.|
|Step Counter- Leap Fitness||Shows and records walking activities. Adjusting and resetting daily goals for steps is easy. Monitors health as well as mobile usage.||Free/Monthly subscription @$4.99.|
|Argus||All-in-one fitness app that tracks weight, diet, heart rate, workout plans, sleeping habits, and more. Keeps a tab on steps without exhausting mobile battery.||Free/in-app purchases between $4.99 to $29.99.|
|Fitbit||Tracks and logs workouts and steps using GPS and motion sensors. Comes with a 3-month free trial. Offers robust community support.||Plans range from $10 to $80.|
|MapMyWalk||Tracks steps, workout, pace, length, walk, and much more. Offers audio feedback while walking. Huge choice in mapped routes.||Free/Premium plan ranges between $6 to $30.|
|Pacer||Comprehensive pedometer and the step tracker app. Large community support. Audio and video workouts for guidance.||Free/Premium plan ranges between $10 to $50.|
|EasyFit Pedometer||Monitors steps, distance, calories, and other health metrics and displays them in the form of animated stats. Various challenges to take part in and stay motivated.||Free/Add supported.|
|Walk Tracker||Uses in-built sensors to track your steps and activities. Go soft on mobile battery. Comes with a water tracker feature. Many step challenges to motivate users.||Free/In-app purchases from $2.99 to $16.99.|
|StepUp||Users can track their walking activities, compare results with their goals, and work on them. Keeps users motivated by giving insights on the best goal streak.||Free|
|Pedometer- REPS||Simple yet intuitive solution for tracking steps easily. In-built motion sensors keep a tab on vital health metrics.||Free/Ad-supported|
What are the must-have features in the best pedometer apps?
Here are some of the features that your step tracker app for Android should have:
- Useful dashboard: The dashboard or control panel of a pedometer app must be useful to users and provide basic info such as calories burned, total steps in a day, walking duration, time spent on completing a task, and much more. This information not only helps you to track your physical activities but also assists you in achieving your health goals.
- Real-time tracking: A good pedometer app allows you to track real-time progress whenever you take steps, walk, or run. Using this feature, you can set particular fitness goals for yourself and accomplish each accordingly.
- Personalized experience: You feel more connected to the app for counting steps if you get the option to customize it. Setting the colors, themes, reminders, and much more gives you more power to alter some features as per your preference.
- Easy to synchronize: The best pedometer apps offer quick pairing with your smartphone. An easy-to-connect step tracker app for Android helps you track your routine activities easily and in a better way.
- Power saver: A good pedometer app eats less battery of your phone. As a few step-counting apps use an in-built sensor to tally each step, they utilize less battery power.
- Widget: The choice of pedometer app should give you a consistent view of calories burnt, steps taken, the distance you traveled, etc. each day. This widget feature in your step-counting app helps you track your progress and improve it each time.
- Start, pause, and reset: A pedometer app should allow users to start, pause, and reset the count of steps whenever they want to. These features help them set a specific goal for each day starting from 0.
Which are the best pedometer apps for Android?
Whether you have just started your wellness journey or want to hit the 10,000 steps goal, pedometer apps help you accomplish your objective. Here is the exclusive list of best pedometer apps that shouldn’t go unnoticed:
GoogleFit is a free step counter app for Android that tracks steps and heart points. The more you do intense exercises like brisk walking and running, the double your heart points will get. GoogleFit is one of the best pedometer apps that monitor your walks, jogs, runs, and cycling and gives accurate stats on the total steps taken, speed, calories burned, distance covered, pace, etc.
This app is best for runners, hikers, walkers, and joggers. Despite some beneficial features, GoogleFit has some downfalls. It is recommended to learn them before making a choice
|Clean interface and offers a user-friendly experience.||No stats for calorie consumption.|
|Offers useful insights in the form of real-time stats.||Doesn’t track exercises such as weightlifting, yoga poses, jumping jacks, etc.|
|Keeps you motivated to pursue fitness goals.|
|Access the details from anywhere.|
|Highly compatible with other related applications.|
2. Pedometer- ITO Technologies
Pedometer is one of the best pedometer apps on our list that is quite popular among users. This free step counter app keeps a tab on your walk during the day. You just need to hit the ‘start’ button and all your physical movements will get recorded.
This app gives you insight into the distance you have covered, the time you were active, the calories you have burnt, your speed, etc. This best Android step counter app offers easy-to-understand graphs. You can go through them and create long-term walking goals.
|User-friendly interface.||Missing widget feature that displays all data on your phone screen.|
|Monitoring health and making long-term goals is easy.|
|Multiple themes to choose from and further customizing the app.|
|Tracks all the health details including speed per hour.|
|Easy on battery.|
ActivityTracker is another best step counter app that assists users in meeting their health targets. The best part of this app is, it doesn’t use GPS. This means it does not eat up your phone battery. This application uses in-built motion sensors to keep a tab on your daily activities.
This app gives an insight into the distance covered, calories burnt, active time, steps taken, etc. in the form of relevant graphs. It comes with a customizable widget on your phone screen. You can easily track and access your steps on a particular duration or day.
|The sleek and intuitive interface makes it user-friendly.||Some of the finest content is available on premium versions only.|
|Switching views and setting up health goals on a daily, hourly, weekly, and monthly basis is easy.|
|Ease of sharing daily progress on various social media channels.|
|This app sends progress notifications and keeps you updated for reached, unreached, or half-reached goals.|
4. Step Counter- Leap Fitness
Step Counter is another best step counter app for Android that keeps users engaged in meeting their health targets. This app lets you record your steps, burned calories, distance covered, speed, and much more. You can easily set and adjust daily health goals. This is one of the best pedometer apps that lets you monitor all your activities including running, cycling, and jogging.
This app not only tracks your movements but also monitors the usage of your mobile phone in both tilt and rest positions. If you use your Gmail account for using this app, you can access leaderboard options and see your position on the basis of steps taken.
|Monitors all walking activities.||No option to turn off notifications unless you remove the permission.|
|Easy setting and adjusting of daily health goals.|
|You can start or pause the app anytime to save battery on your phone.|
Don’t forget to check this – Best Email Apps for Android
Argus is another free pedometer app for Android that keeps a tab on your steps without compromising the mobile battery. This app uses ultra-low battery technology which is employed by its developers. You can easily enable GPS and track various activities including cycling, jogging, and running.
This best free pedometer app makes walking even more fun as you can add your friends and compete with each other in various challenges. Argus is an all-in-one fitness app that helps you track weight, heart rate, diet, sleeping habits, and much more.
|User-friendly interface.||Some essential features are chargeable.|
|Offers various tools to monitor and improve health.|
|Adding friends and competing with them in step challenges is fun.|
|Counts steps without draining the mobile battery.|
Fitbit is one of the best pedometer apps that help users to track steps and work out on their smartphones. Fitbit is among the free pedometer apps that track your activities with GPS as well as motion sensors. It also provides data on calories burnt, distance covered, speed, steps taken, etc. It comes with a free 3-month trial plan which is the highest of any app.
If you opt for a premium plan, you get access to workout videos, a health-measured dashboard, personalized health programs, guidance on the basis of your health data, and much more. You can connect with the community and friends and participate in daily step challenges.
|3 months free trial.||Expensive than other pedometer apps.|
|Robust community support.||Complex interface.|
|Tracks steps and workout.|
|The premium plan offers personalized health programs, videos, dashboards, and much more.|
MapMyWalk is another best app for walking steps count. This app uses your GPS location to track steps and log your workout. It tracks steps, distance covered, speed, etc. This pedometer step counter can keep a tab on your path and location effortlessly. The most liked feature of this app is the ease of sharing the saved route with friends.
This app comes with a range of mapped routes which helps users in getting directions or looking for nearby places for walking. MapMyWalk tracks your length, pace, step, pulse, and much more.
|Tracks and records workouts, steps, distance covered, pace, etc.||Huge variation in paid and free versions.|
|Offers audio feedback while walking.||Premium features are chargeable.|
|Compatible with various devices and smartwatches.|
|Allows competing with friends which promotes motivation.|
Pacer pedometer is another best free step counter apps for Android. It comes with an in-built step tracker with all related features and health amenities. Although the size of this app is comparatively heavy than other alternatives, it is equipped with special features such as fitness log share, community support, and much more.
This pedometer app includes customized plans for weight management. You can take part in various walking challenges to stay motivated. You can manage weight loss by monitoring the weekly and monthly graphs. This app was voted as the best free pedometer app for Android 2022.
|Tracking weight loss is easy.||Extended usage might drain the battery.|
|Large and interactive community support.||Some users reported inconsistent GPS tracking.|
|Monitor daily activities using GPS.|
|Tracks and logs steps, distance covered, and other health metrics.|
9. EasyFit Pedometer
EasyFit Pedometer is one of the best pedometer apps that help users to attain their fitness goals. This step tracker app monitors and records your steps, active time, distance covered, calories burnt, and other health metrics.
This best free step counter app shows your weight loss progress to keep you motivated. You can take part in three different walk challenges i.e. Willpower, Consistency, and Elite. This app displays the information in the form of animated stats. It also provides a water tracker feature that helps you stay hydrated.
|Instead of GPS, it uses an inbuilt sensor to track steps.||Too many ads.|
|Provides rewards to physically active users in the form of badges.||Some users reported inconsistent tracking.|
|An attractive widget that displays the workout progress on the home screen.|
|Option to save steps record and export the same.|
10. Walk Tracker
Walk Tracker is another best step tracker app for Android that records each movement efficiently. It uses in-built sensors of your device to track your steps. You just need to hit the start and you are ready to go. You can easily pause and start your steps whenever you feel like it.
Using this best step tracker app, you can set daily step goals and check the performance reports. Walk Tracker comes with step challenges that keep you motivated. This app comes with a water intake tracking feature to help you stay hydrated without fail.
|Starting, pausing, and resetting walking exercises is easy.||Too many ads.|
|Water tracker feature to stay hydrated.|
|Various step challenges to keep you motivated.|
|No GPS tracking saves battery.|
StepUp is another best free pedometer app for Android that efficiently track steps, distance, burnt calories, and much more. This step tracker app is free to download and use. You can connect with your friends and start walking together via Facebook integration.
StepUp is one of the best pedometer apps to set a daily steps goal and track your progress. You can easily keep a record of your walking activities. This app shows your performance in the form of the best week, best day, or best goal streak to keep your motivation level high.
|Tracks and logs steps walked, distance covered, calories burnt, and other health metrics.||Unappealing user-interface.|
|Connecting with people and walking together motivates users.|
|Free to use and no ads.|
12. Pedometer- REPS
Pedometer is one of the best step counter apps that tracks and logs walking activities efficiently. This is the most basic and simple alternative for counting steps on the entire list. Pedometer uses in-built motion sensors to track all important health data. It displays all your fitness information in the form of graphs.
This accurate step counter app tracks your daily, weekly, and monthly walking activities. This is one of the best pedometer apps that enable you to easily start, stop, and reset your step goals. It keeps you motivated to walk a few extra miles.
|A simple solution to keep a tab on your walking activities.||Some users reported inefficiency in stopping and resetting the steps.|
|Utilizes in-built motion sensors to track activities, which saves battery.|
|Shows daily, weekly, and monthly walking progress to keep you motivated.|
|One of the most accurate pedometer apps.|
Frequently Asked Questions
How to track 10,000 steps on an Android phone?
You can install the best pedometer apps on your phone and track 10,000 steps via motion sensors and GPS.
Can I use my Android phone as a pedometer?
Yes, if you install any of the aforementioned pedometer apps on your Android phone, you can keep count and log your steps easily.
Is the pedometer app safe?
Does the pedometer app drain the battery?
May or May not. It depends on which pedometer app you are using on your phone. Some pedometer apps utilize GPS on your phone to track steps do impact the battery. However, apps like Argus, Pedometer by REPS, EasyFit Pedometer, Walk Tracker, and ActivityTracker on our list use sensor motors that go easy on the battery.
Is there a free pedometer app for Android?
Yes. Most pedometer apps on our list are free to download and use.
Is the pedometer app accurate?
Maybe or Maybe not. The only problem with using a pedometer app is that you might not carry your mobile everywhere. So, the step track might show inconsistent results.
Which pedometer app is most accurate?
Almost every pedometer app in our list shows accurate results. To get more exact results, consider carrying your phone wherever you go on foot.
Using a pedometer app promotes healthy living without spending huge bucks on expensive smartwatches and fitness bands. All these pedometer apps will help you track and log your steps. Do check out the features and the prices of each and pick what matches your need.
Now this was our list of best pedometer apps. Do tell us, according to you ‘Which is the best step tracker app? We would love to include them in our blog!
The 10+ Best Free Video Editing Software For Mac in 2023
Questions like ‘What is the best free video editing software for Mac’? Or ‘What professionals use for video editing on Mac?’ or ‘How can I edit videos on Mac?’ hovers your mind continuously if you are in this space.
However, when you search for the best video editing software for Mac, the results are abundant. But what’s more important is to find such free software. That’s why we are here.
To make this easier for you, here is a handpicked list of over 10 best free video editing software for Mac in 2023.
So, let’s be with us to polish your video editing skills!
Table of Contents
What is the best video editing software for Mac?
Mac is not only for just show off or for the corporate world to use. And also they are not just limited to handling your business work. Mac has a lot more to offer. Like, you can use various audio mixer software for Mac, or you can go for animation software for Mac.
But here we are talking about video editing skills with some mindblowing software. If you are in this photo or video editing space, you can use your Mac to create some professional-level videos. A good photo editing and video editing app on Mac can give you marvelous results.
Video editing software lets you edit a single bit of your videos with just a few taps. You can easily make adjustments to your audiovisuals and polish your work. But the main headache is ‘What is the best video editing software for Mac?’
Let’s check our list to solve this query!
The first choice on the list of best free video editing software for Mac is Apple iMovie. It has awesome themes, video effects, Hollywood-style trailers, and good optimization with macOS.
You can easily edit and adjust focus in video shots with the latest cinematic mode. It is well optimized to use with the latest Apple silicon to give an enhanced performance. If you are looking for an elegant video editing software option, then Apple iMovie is for you.
Some potential features of Apple iMovie
- It offers seamless Apple product integration.
- It also provides a great feature of a green screen or chroma-key tool.
- You can easily integrate audio and social platforms.
- You can use its default storyboard templates.
- This software easily adjusts your selected background music to match the video length.
- It offers a robust audio editing toolset to enhance the soundtrack of the video.
Don’t forget to check this – Best Soundboard Apps on Android and iOS You Can Download
Another great option for free video editing software for Mac is VideoPad to create high-quality video hassle-free. It offers a simple-to-use tool set to do 3D video editing and to make different composition videos.
You can get awesome videos with overlays, special effects, transitions, etc. You can even change and adjust the color and sound effects.
Some potential features of VideoPad
- It offers an awesome feature of a double in-built screen. You can use one to preview chosen clips, and one to see the complete sequence.
- You can use social sharing and publishing tools to share videos on online platforms to get more followers.
- Video optimization tools like stabilization are a good feature of VideoPad.
- You can create professional videos with their customizable transitions.
- You can easily export video files to various platforms like Facebook, Instagram, etc. with exporting presets.
- You can edit 360-degree videos with the same easiness with its awesome toolset.
DaVinci Resolve is another top video editing software for Mac for advanced-level video editors. But before using this effectively, you should have a system with discrete graphics to use its features powerfully.
You can do both online and offline editing very easily with DaVinci Resolve. It also lets you save time while editing and trimming with its high-performance playback engine. You can have many extensive features in the pro version but its free version is perfect for some advanced projects.
Some potential features of DaVinci Resolve
- It has a very dedicated trim interface to enable you to edit in minutes.
- It provides default tools for picture-in-picture effects, dynamic zoom, stabilization, retiming, etc.
- It lets you detect faces in your videos through its facial recognition effects.
- Its good quality motion estimation speed changes and frame rate conversions feature is awesome to use.
- You can do fast navigation, trimming, and cutting very effectively with its dual timeline option.
- It provides some interesting features like keyboard shortcuts, drag-and-drop editing, etc.
Shotcut version 22 is one of the best open-source video editing software for cross-platforms. It provides a very good collection of video tutorials. The interesting part about this software is the support it provides for various formats like 4K, DNxHD, ProRes, etc.
You can also use its vast library for audio editing options. Users can easily make bass and treble settings, adjust gain, and do dynamic compression. Overall, shotcut 22 is a good-to-use open-source application.
Some potential features of Shotcut 22
- This cross-platform software provides a very flexible interface to work with.
- You can get a vast variety of audio and video filters.
- It has support for various advanced video formats like FFmpeg.
- Being a user, you can easily import video files directly into the project space rather than getting them into the media library.
- You can fit together resolutions with its multi-frame timeline.
- One of the advanced features is a three-way color correction which is very popular these days.
If you are looking for the best overall video editing software then Lightworks is a good choice. It provides some basic features in the free version but they are worth using. It provides a very simple and appealing interface to work best for beginners especially.
Lightworks is one of the best Linux video editing software as well. It also has a huge collection of licensed music clips and original stock videos for users.
Some potential features of Lightworks
- It offers a standard multi-layered timeline structure.
- You can get multicam editing, awesome video effects, and titling even in the free version.
- You can easily share your videos on various social platforms like Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- One of its fantastic features is real-time project sharing with the team to give editing access to everyone.
- It also has an active customer forum.
- You can easily edit your content while importing a new one.
Don’t forget to check this – Movavi Slideshow Maker Software To Create Slideshows From Music And Pictures
If you are an intermediate or novice video editor who wants to add so many video effects to your videos, then HitFilm Express is for you. It is one of the best MacBook video editing software. Its free version can tackle all your video editing needs.
You can easily do audio and video transitions with its animation toolset. For this, you don’t need to create composite shots that save a lot of your time. You can easily make Hollywood-style videos.
Some potential features of HitFilm Express
- You can even smooth out a shaky video with its auto-stabilizer feature.
- This Mac video editing software offers various transition options like push, zoom and dissolve, etc.
- You can do advanced-level video editing with the features like color pickers, motion tracking, and cropping tools.
- It also has an option of an audio mixer to give professional-level quality output.
- You can even animate two small shots together for fantastic video effects with composite shot enhancements.
- You can also re-trim your edits after adding them to the timeline again if you want.
The next option on the list is OpenShot which is one of the easiest video editors for Mac. The interface of OpenShot is so appealing and interesting to use that anyone can fall in love with it. This platform is so popular for its minimal design and usage.
This open-source movie editor is updated many times a year which makes it full of the latest features. This makes it a good option for small business works too.
Some potential features of OpenShot
- You can easily resize, scale, trim, and rotate clips very easily.
- Credit scrolling, frame stepping, audio editing, and real-time preview are some of its good features.
- You can create animated videos with its powerful key-frame animation options.
- You can hassle-freely edit audio and video with its drag-and-drop feature.
- You can add many digital video effects to your videos like brightness, hue, grayscale, chroma-key composition, etc.
The next video editor for Mac is Blender which is an open-source 3D creation model. You can easily render 3D animations. Many developers from around the world collaboratively created this software. And they are continuously trying hard to improve and update it.
Its functional video editor is alone enough to meet the basic needs of almost all users. Blender has also been used for many high-profile films for editing purposes. One of the unique things that maximum people don’t know is the non-linear video editors.
Some potential features of Blender
- It lets you slice and edit videos very quickly.
- You can also mix and synchronize sounds.
- If you want to do practical kinematics, then Blender is a good choice for you.
- The software is well-used for video game development with game logic coding.
- You can easily speed up video-making with its advanced rendering process.
- It’s color correction and adjustment layer features are superb to use.
PowerDirector is one of the best free video editing software for Mac. This overall good software has superb easy-to-navigate features that are suitable for beginners as well as experts.
It has AI-powered tools that let you edit awesome videos very quickly. You can change the overall experience of your video project with just simple clicks. Without paying a hefty price tag, you are ready to go to create fantastic videos with PowerDirector 365.
Some potential features of PowerDirector 365
- The software provides a low learning curve to easily understand the process.
- You can get multiple updates regularly to keep the advanced work updated.
- If your Mac is having M1/M2 chips, this is nicely suitable software for you.
- You can directly upload your videos on various platforms like Facebook, and Youtube.
- You can make video collages with its powerful plugin feature.
- It fully supports a wide range of video formats.
If you are a vlogger or teacher, Kapwing is a perfect choice of video editing tool for Mac. It is well compatible with Windows as well. You can get all the needed features for video editing in its free version. But a single point to be noted is that you will get a 7-minute window cap in the free version.
Being a contributor, you can even collaborate with the platform. It lets you work hassle-freely with the team members. It will streamline your creative video-making process.
Some potential features of Kapwing
- You can use a wide range of video templates for many famous platforms.
- The software provides you with a user-friendly video editing experience.
- You can even remove background distractions removal using artificial intelligence tools.
- Even you can generate subtitles.
- It provides a recorder option to record screens and audio.
- One of its best features includes free video editing software for Mac with no watermark.
The last choice on the list of best free video editing software for Mac is KineMaster. The software is well known to rise clicks and likes on your videos on different social platforms. This way you can create a perfect video for social media.
If you want to share, trim, and add enhanced effects to your videos, KineMaster is a good choice. Even you can use this software on Android and iOS.
Some potential features of KineMaster
- You can do keyframe animation with its motion effects.
- KineMaster offers a personalized user interface.
- It offers a good variety of tools for trimming, combining, and mixing videos.
- It provides a wide variety of audio enhancements with voiceovers and effects.
- You can easily enhance the visual appeal with slow-mo effects.
Mac allows you to edit videos fantastically. But with such the best free video editing software, you can do it more powerfully and quickly. After all, one must polish videos before publishing them on social media or using them professionally.
The best video editing software for Mac allows you to achieve this hassle-freely and tweak every minor detail of the videos. So, what are you waiting for? Choose the best simple video editor for Mac and make mindblowing videos.
Hope you find this blog helpful!
Entertainment7 years ago
BROKEN ANGEL – A social Awareness Message by Instmedia and Creative Talkies
Tech9 months ago
7 Best Android Apps To Download Hollywood Songs For Free
Entertainment7 years ago
Best Night Clubs in Delhi- Time to late Night Party
Entertainment7 years ago
19 Double Meaning Dialog from Bollywood Movies
Tech9 months ago
The 10 Best Android Music Apps to Download Songs
Entertainment7 years ago
15+ Hottest Hollywood Actresses
Business7 years ago
10 Best Business Quotes For Entrepreneur
Entertainment7 years ago
70 Indian Name and their Hilarious Urban Dictionary Meanings