Are you looking for the best places to visit in summer vacation for a perfect weekend getaway? Then, continue reading this blog to find out what they are.
Summer is the time to spend quality time with your friends and family as it marks vacation time. The hot climate is a challenge, though; it is a great experience to enjoy the green meadows, the blue sea, and the white snow even during the summer. Yes, there are a lot of places in the country where you can enjoy all these in the hottest season as well. In India, the summer season starts in April and continues till June.
So, here is a list of the best eight places to visit in summer where you can escape from the scorching heat and visit these cold places in the summer season and enjoy them. Have a look and plan now where to head before the summer ends.
Also, before you plan your trip itinerary, don’t forget to check these do’s & don’ts of holiday shopping tips.
Best Places to Visit in Summer in India
The number one place on our list of best summer holiday destinations is Manali. A lot of things have been told about Manali. It is one of the best places to visit for immense entertainment and fun during the summer. Here the temperature during summer ranges from 17-25 degrees. But still, it will be cool weather here, and it is regarded as the best time to get yourselves to indulge in some major thriving activities.
Things you can do in Manali
- Explore outdoor activities including paragliding, rafting, trekking, mountaineering, and lots more activities on the list to keep you entertained.
- Immerse yourself in the unusual sight of the blooming flowers and the greenery of the place is also another reason for you to visit the place in Summer.
- You can visit the Solang Valley where you can enjoy skiing, camping, horse riding, snow scooter, and a lot more.
- If you have more time in hand, you can enjoy the river rafting in Kullu which is at a distance of 40 km.
Traveling solo? Then check out these amazing useful solo traveler tips that will make your trip safe, convenient, and joyful.
The next one of the best summer vacation spots is Sikkim which is one of the most sorted summer destinations in India. It is one of those states in India which is immensely blessed with the beauty of nature. A lot of beautiful lakes, waterfalls, rivers, snow-capped mountains, and lots of flora and fauna make this place one of the most beautiful states in the country. March-May is the best time to visit this place.
Things you can do in Sikkim
- There are a lot of locations here that you can enjoy this summer including the Nathula, Changu Lake, Kanchenjunga waterfall, Singshore Bridge, etc.
- Witness the distinct wildlife species in the Zoological Park.
- If you are a sucker for some mesmerizing views, then visit the Tashi Viewpoint.
- Enjoy the forest trails by going for a trek to Changgu and Tsomgo lakes.
- For food lovers, don’t forget to stop by Taste of Tibet, Thakali, and The Coffee Shop.
Make your trip more exciting by saving time on mindless hunting for the cheapest flight tickets and following these flight booking myths to save energy.
Munnar is known for the blessed nature’s beauty and the awesome climate it offers its visitors. Needless to say, coming is one of the best places to go in the summer on our list. March sets the beginning of the summer season in Munnar. The temperature can go up to 35 degrees during this season but, it offers calm weather to enjoy the serene beauty of this place. It is also the time when flowers bloom, and it is a great sight to watch it.
Things you can do in Munnar
- The most prominent and magnificent beauty of the Munnar is the meeting point of the 3 rivers Kundaly, Madhurapuzha, and Nallathanni.
- For an adventure junkie, indulge yourself in activities like hiking, cycling, horse riding, and a lot more.
- Witness the rarest wildlife species at Eravikulam National Park.
- Enjoy the picnic spots like Lakkam Waterfalls, Attukal Waterfalls, and Thoovanam Waterfalls with your family and friends.
- Take the tour to Kolukkumalai Tea Estate, which is one of the elevated tea plantations on the planet.
Munnar offers sheer bliss and a never-ending list of quality places where one can choose according to their personal interests.
Ooty is the favorite destination honeymoon and one of the best places to visit during summer for a newly wedded couple, so also it is a great spot for enjoying summer vacation. The climate here will not be as cold as it is during the winter season but it will not dehydrate you whatsoever. The place is again full of attractions that can keep you busy for your whole vacation. You can enjoy real homemade chocolates, flowers, fresh veggies, plantations, boating, and lots more other interesting things that will give you a memorable vacation.
Things you can do in Ooty
- Take the Nilgiri Mountain Toy Train ride which is a UNESCO heritage property and enjoy the picturesque tunnels, steep rides, and in-between waterfalls.
- Get to know about their local tribal culture by visiting the Toda Huts.
- Attend the one-of-a-kind Summer Festival of Ooty which is only held in the month of May where you can participate in boat races or see the beauty of flower shows.
- For trek lovers, go for Doddabetta Peak, Kotagiri Trek, and Glenmorgan Trek.
- Apart from these, you can enjoy boating in Emerald Lake, taste homemade chocolates, visit the honey and bee museum, and more.
Also, check out these astounding summer date ideas to make your trip even more memorable.
Hemkund Sahib is one of the best places to go for a summer vacation in India. If you do not know much about this place, it is a pilgrimage located in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand. You can see the glacier lake here, which is surrounded by seven snow-clad peaks, you can go trekking here in the summer. Do not even think of doing any activity here in the winter as it will be fully covered with snow.
Things you can do in Hemkund Sahib
- Witness the beauty of the breathtaking and sacred Hemkund Lake, also known as the Lake of Snow.
- Enjoy the forest trails of Valley of Flowers and sink yourself in the beauty of the borderline Pushpawati river and the wreath of nature.
- Visit the religious Bheem Pul and Saraswati Temple which has successfully managed to retain their old world charm.
It is sometimes good to go spiritual. Amarnath is one of the best summer vacation places to be with family during the summer season. A 7.5 degree during the summer is just a typical temperature here. The temple is open to devotees only during the summer when they are blessed to witness the Ice Lingam of Lord Shiva. It is indeed a blessing to see a glimpse of this favorable view at least once in a lifetime!
Things you can do in Amarnath
- Trekking enthusiasts can go for the Gangabal Trek, which starts from Srinagar and continues their path to end at the mesmerizing Gangabal Lake.
- Get the thrill of doing river rafting in Pahalgam.
- You can go for a Helicopter ride if you have been to and can enjoy the astounding mountaineering views.
- Apart from the above, you can immerse yourself in shopping, a bit of golfing, and good eateries at Pahalgam.
Are you an adventurous person in life? If so, you should head to Rohtang Pass which connects Kullu Valley with Lahaul and Spiti Valley. This is also listed as one of the best fun places to go in the summer. You can see snow throughout the year at this spot. It is one of the coldest places in India and is famous for being one of the finest places in India to enjoy summer vacation. Also, considering this place as one of the cheap summer travel vacation destinations, which is good for those with money constraints,
Things you can do in Rohtang Pass
- Opt for one of the many adventurous trekking trails (Manali-Lahoul Pass is one of them) and enjoy the scenic beauty of glaciers, waterfalls, and mountain peaks.
- Indulge yourself in outdoor activities like skiing, mountain biking, or sledge riding, and have an adrenaline-rush day.
- Visit the nearby tourist places, including Rohala Waterfall, Kothi, Gulaba, and a lot more.
Ranikhet, one of the magnificent and appealing cantonments hilly areas, also called Queen’s Meadow, is one of the most popular summer vacation spots in the country. It is believed to be Queen Padmini of Kumaon’s residence. Ranikhet is presently one of the most popular summer vacation spots due to its illustrious temples, expansive nine-hole golf course, a plethora of orchards, and breathtaking surroundings. You can plan your trip to Ranikhet, one of the best places to travel in the summer, this season.
Things you can do in Ranikhet
- Have a one-of-a-kind spiritual experience at Jhula Devi Temple, where you would see the zillions of bells tied by the admirers.
- Spend a good quality time with your family at Ashiyana Park.
- Experience the Katarmal Sun Temple’s stunning architectural magnificence.
- End your day with a boating ride at Naukuchiatal, the biggest lake in the Nainital area.
- Find calmness in the midst of nature at Chaubatia Gardens.
So, these are the best places to visit in summer that you can include in your must-visit summer vacation bucket list. We have received wonderful stories from visitors who have traveled to these places. And hope the same for you.
Enough heat out there? Do you want to know something more interesting? Check out these amazing, refreshing summer cocktails that you can enjoy anytime and anywhere.