Looking for free YouTube Video Downloader apps for Android phones?
In its long span of journey, YouTube has created a massive impact on the audience and has become the 2nd most used search engine on the planet. From providing means of entertainment to promoting products to providing education to the different communities, it has become an undetachable part of our lifestyle.
Not just that, YouTube videos are themselves downloadable and shareable!
Yes, YouTube supports videos in multiple formats such as MP3, MP4, AVI, MPEG, and more some of which are free to download and are available for offline viewing. Although you can download all the videos by using the Youtube Premium plan and can watch them uninterrupted, it will cost you certain charges.
In order to have free download, there are several third-party apps available in the market that easily let you download free YouTube videos for your Android device. However, it is impossible to know which app will work for you unless you try it – which requires a lot of time and effort.
That’s why we have handpicked a list of the top 10 free YouTube video downloader apps along with their features and links that will work perfectly for your android phone.
Let’s get started!
But before that let’s first get to know about the YouTube policies of downloading videos. What kind of content you can download, the usage, and the occasion when you are allowed to do so.
So, keep reading!
Table of Contents
What does YouTube say about Downloading Videos?
Every day, lots of people download youtube videos using third-party apps – but is it legal to do so, is the question.
Although YouTube lets users download some videos in its offline version, using third-party software to download is strictly against its terms.
YouTube doesn’t like video downloaders and has clearly stated in its Terms of Service that users should not download videos unless a link or download button appears on a particular product.
So, are you committing a crime by downloading videos?
YouTube has never lashed out at a user for downloading a copyrighted video, even though it is illegal. However, due to copyright issues, it is strictly forbidden to make copies of it. If caught doing so, you can be punished on a trial or fine basis.
But in general, if you are downloading videos just for fun or sharing purposes, YouTube will never punish you for that.
So, now you know the terms and conditions of YouTube, you have the idea in which situations you can download videos from YouTube using third-party apps.
Let’s get started with our own handpicked list of best free YouTube video downloader apps for android devices.
Best Free YouTube Downloader Apps
YouTube Go is a light-weighted Android app that is specially designed with the concern of poor internet connectivity and limited data usage. Moreover, for users looking to download YouTube videos for free and to use them legally for their benefit, YouTube Go is the app for you.
YouTube Go allows you to download videos with ease, unlike the YouTube app which displays a download button on selected videos and continually nudges you to subscribe to their premium plan.
- Preview your videos first before you download them.
- Choose how many MBs to use for your every video.
- Download videos to phone or SD card directly.
- Find recommendations for what you love.
The only downside of this app is that it doesn’t let you download videos from other platforms like Instagram, Facebook, etc.
If you are one of those who likes to watch YouTube videos but with a feature-rich, intuitive interface and privacy-friendly app, then NewPipe is the one for you.
It is an open-source Android application that is best known as an unofficial YouTube client. Not to forget it’s a lightweight feature and its ability to let you play videos without annoying ads and questionable permissions.
Another great feature of NewPipe is that you can play YouTube videos in the background while using other applications.
In addition to YouTube, it supports other services too such as PeerTube, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, and media.ccc.de.
- Instant support if you face any problem.
- Available in 90+ languages.
- Lightweight app with faster speed, battery saving and less data consumption.
- Extended privacy – no proprietary Google APIs.
- Popup player – resize and shift player whenever or wherever you like.
- Import/Export your local subscriptions from other devices.
- Customize download – choose between audio, video and captions.
- Bookmark your favorite videos.
There is no downside to this app.
If you are looking for a video downloading an app that lets you download videos not just from YouTube but other social platforms too, then Videoder is the one for you.
It is one of the most powerful video downloader apps for Android that lets you download videos for free. Currently, the Videoder app lets you download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Hotstar, Instagram, Voot, VK and new ones are being added every week as per users’ requests.
The app is fully customizable and comes with an unlimited number of preset themes. Moreover, you can stream or download 4k videos and play them on your Ultra HD devices.
- Currently download videos from over 50+ sites.
- Stream and download videos in 4k Ultra HD resolution.
- Download songs and videos in batches.
- Up to 10 times faster downloading.
- Set cover art, add mp3 tags and give life to your music collection.
- Smart audio and video link detection tool.
- In-built browser with ad-blocker.
- Quick download tool to save you from hassle.
- Night mode
Unlike NewPipe, it doesn’t let you play ad-free videos. But the positive side is that you can buy their premium plugin which is available on the Play Store.
The app is not available on Google Play Store, but you can download it from its official website and install it on your device.
Snaptube is another great YouTube video downloader app that gives you power pack features at no cost. It is a simple tool that lets you download video files from Youtube, the online video storage site, so you can watch them later when you don’t have access to an internet connection.
The app comes with multiple search options, including 11 subcategories, a section for popular videos, a section for most viewed videos, and a section for daily recommendations.
Moreover, browsing is as simple as a one-click category or video or typing the name of a particular artist or song. Once you select what you are searching for, you can stream or download it directly to your device.
Not just that, it lets you download videos from more than 50+ different sites including very known platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Dailymotion, Twitter, and many more. You can even choose the video resolution, the highest resolution is 4k Ultra HD which is pretty impressive because you are paying nothing for that.
If your device is running out of space, you can choose the video quality to save your phone’s memory. And if you are an audio lover, you can even download the song or entire album through this app.
- User-friendly interface.
- Multiple search sections.
- Currently download videos from 50+ sites.
- Download video in 4k Ultra HD
- Save videos directly to your device.
- One-click browsing
The only downside is it contains ads.
ArkTube is a lightweight and easy-to-use YouTube video downloader app that comes with a plethora of options to stream and download videos in whichever resolution and format you want.
It comes in both free and paid versions. While the free version covers the essential features for you, the premium version is where this app shines.
Once you install the app and enable the desired settings, you can download videos right from this minimalist YouTube downloader. It gives you a download option to select video or audio. If you select a video, then it will ask you to choose resolution & format and if it’s audio, it will download as per your preset preferences.
- Download entire playlists and sort them by recent first or old first.
- Estimated file size for each video quality.
- Multiple storage options (internal and external).
- Upto 8 simultaneous downloads with download threading support.
- Metadata is automatically populated for audios. For videos, a pro version is required.
The only downside is that with the free version the highest resolution you can download is 480p. For higher resolution, you can buy the donation package available on the Google Play Store.
You can download the free version from its official website whereas the paid version is available on the Play Store.
InsTube is a powerful open-source YouTube video downloader that lets you download videos, MP3, and movies all in one place and comes with extensive features.
The app has a simple interface and is highly customizable. Also, prior to downloading, it lets you choose the quality of the video thereby saving space for your device.
Moreover, it keeps your private downloads protected. It even has certifications from CM Security, McAfee, and Lookout, ensuring the security verification of the app.
- Save YouTube videos directly to your device.
- Get free videos from the top 50+ sites.
- Download 4k videos or UHD movies for your smart TV.
- Supports multiple media file formats including MP4, 3GP, WEBM, AVI, MP3, M4A, WAV and FLAC.
- Convert YouTube video to MP3.
- 10 times faster downloading speed.
- Batch downloading.
- Copy link detection tool.
- Ensures security while downloading.
The only downside is that the ads keep popping up and there is no other option to remove the ads.
Dentex Youtube Downloader
Dentex YouTube Downloader is another open-source app that lets you download YouTube videos for free. Also, the app displays no ads while streaming videos.
While downloading the video, it lets you choose the video format in the Format tab. However, the video preview is not available, unlike YouTube Go. Once your video is set to download, you can see the status in the dashboard.
Apart from that, the app comes with numerous features like narrowing down the search results, multiple preset themes, or extracting audio from YouTube videos.
- Free app for android devices.
- Stable downloading speed.
- Lets remote download through SSH
- Audio extractor that lets you convert audio files into MP3 files.
- Multiple preset themes.
This app has very few downsides. One, in some downloading situations, the app pauses the process which you then have to manually resume. Also, it does not support saving videos in SD Card on Android 4.0.
VidMate is one of the best free YouTube video downloaders for Android and is packed with powerful features. The app is user-friendly and lets you download free videos from YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp status, TikTok, and many more.
Moreover, to make your browsing easy, it gives the option of multiple categories like movies, music, or TV shows.
It provides a fast downloading speed with enhanced and outstanding connectivity. You can also choose the video quality before downloading and the speed rate within the download settings.
- Browse, stream and download HD videos and movies upto 4K quality.
- Download media files (audio, video and images) from more than 20+ sites including top-notch platforms like Facebook, Instagram and more.
- Save videos/pics on Whatsapp status before it gets deleted.
- Fast and easily download YouTube music and TikTok videos.
- You can add media files to your library directly by entering their URLs.
- 100% virus-free and safe to use.
The only downside is you have to deal with the ads while using the app.
YT3 YouTube Downloader
YT3 YouTube Downloader is a simple android application that lets you download any music or YouTube video in MP3 or MP4 format with lightning speed.
The interface is extremely user-friendly and you will find exactly what you are looking for. Moreover, it has a lyrics support feature which means the lyrics will be shown as you listen to the song.
Additionally, it lets you download either low-quality or high-quality videos.
- Flat design so that you don’t get lost while using the application.
- Convert MP4 YouTube videos to MP3 format.
- Download low/high-quality YouTube videos.
- Lyrics support.
- Faster downloads
With the continuous updation of YouTube, you may suffer search issues.
TubeMate is another great choice for free YouTube video download for Android. Using this app, you can save your favorite videos directly on your phone and can enjoy them anywhere.
Moreover, it lets you choose the video quality and file format as it supports different video resolutions and formats. This app has a simple interface and is as easy as counting one to two to three. All you need is to search the video on YouTube and tap the green arrow at the bottom to download it.
TubeMate is another one of the best free video downloaders. It comes with a built-in browser, allowing users to download the video from their preferred site.
- Multiple download options are available along with the background download option so that the rest of the work won’t get disturbed.
- Can convert videos into MP3 format.
- Download both videos and audio.
- YouTube search and video-related suggestions.
There are a couple of downsides of this app –
- It cannot download a video in 4K format.
- It doesn’t download the original video, instead, it downloads a video encoded by YouTube. Therefore, it leads to playing and downloading your video in low-resolution.
- Also, you have to deal with interrupting ads.
Which YouTube Downloader app should I pick?
In the end, we would like to say that we have shared our best choices of free YouTube video downloaders for your Android device. All the above-mentioned downloaders are excellent alternatives for you if you need to view offline or consume a lesser amount of data.
What are your thoughts about this? Feel free to share with us in the comments section. We will be waiting for your response!