Data recovery is a method of saving or retrieving your lost, damaged, or corrupted data from removable files, secondary storage devices or files when we cannot keep our data in the usual manner. Mainly, data is stored in hard disk drives (HDD), USB, CD”s, dvds, and other electronic devices. We also store our data in the hard disk, but sometimes our hard drive may be damaged or corrupted due to some following reasons:-
- Slows down computer system: When your hard drive is about to die or fail, it starts slowing your computer system. Your system will take more time to start-up and even if your computer starts, you will notice their slow processing. So in this case, it is better to take backup of your data and store them in an appropriate manner.
- Corrupts your data: Corrupted data may also occur due to hard disk failure. Sometimes, you will be unable to open your file, as it will disappear suddenly or it will show you message “The file is corrupted and cannot be opened.” So if you see these types of errors, it is confirmed that your hard disk is failing.
- Starts making strange sounds: Repetitive sounds coming from hard disk are called click of death. It starts making ticking sounds, which is an indicator of mechanical failure.
So to recover your data from inaccessible modes, there is some software which can recover your data safely. There are available many types of free software tools which can help you in recovering your deleted or corrupted data. Here is the list of hard disk recovery software or data recovery software which is following:
- Recuva: – Recuva has been considered the best data recovery software. Though it is very easy to use, yet it has many options available with advanced features. It recovers your data from hard disk drives such as from BD/CD/DVD. This software can recover your data in Windows 10, XP, and Vista. 64-bit version recovery is available.
- Test Disk: Test Disk is also listed as one of the hard disk recoveries It is the data recovery software which was developed to get back partitions and fix non-booting disks. TestDisk supports the platforms like Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows, Linux, BSD, MacOS, and DOS.
- Undelete 360: It is a typical Office application which has been built upon the efficient algorithm which enables the user to delete files. It works on the variety of memory cards, digital cameras and hard disk recovery.
- Pandora Recovery: The most effective data recovery software is Pandora Recovery. It has been designed to recover deleted files from NTFS and FAT-formatted volumes. File detection system is not so reliable in the hard disk recovery software. Thus it needs improvement. It can run on platforms like Windows 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows.
- EaseUs Data Recovery Wizard: EaseUs is data recovery software which helps you to recover lost files from PC, hard disk, USB, laptop. EaseUS is a software that recovers your data in 3 easy steps:
- First, you have to launch your software on your PC.
- Then you have to scan your software
- After scan is done, you have to recover your data
Hence, EaseUS software saves your data from accidental deletion, hard disk failure, and virus attack and system crash.
- Puran File Recovery: It is very easy to use, basically one of the better data recovery software. Yet it does not have an attractive interface as Recuva, yet it is a rich and good replacement in comparative to Recuva. This hard disk recovery software also recovers the lost partitions even if they are not overwritten. It works with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP. It is portable within 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows, so we need not install the data recovery software.
- Disk Drill: This data recovery software is also excellent hard disk recovery It has the very simple design, so there are fewer chances of getting confused. It also takes the preview of images before recovering them. This data recovery software can recover up to 500 MB of data from “virtually any storage device” like internal and external hard drives, memory cards, and USB’s.
- Glary Undelete: This data recovery software tool has very clean but convenient interface and also good for first-time users. It provides multiple language options, preview options, supports Windows versions including Windows 10. It also not shows original folder names.
So by following above written methods of hard disk recovery or data recovery software, we can save our data from unauthorized users. We can save our data from going into wrong hands.